I feel so refreshed after having a twelve-day holiday break. It was much needed. I felt that having that break was the best Christmas gift I ever had.

By mid-December last year, I felt so burned out. I got admitted in the hospital, struggled with my preliminary exams and stressed over deadlines at work. With so much to attend to, I was already having difficulty breathing. Stress took its toll on me.

When the break was finally confirmed, I was just so elated to do whatever I want to with such a huge length of time.

I was really so happy to be spending most of my time during the vacation with the people who matters most to me. Thus, a big chunk of my time went to my family as well as to Weng and his family. I got to spend time with Papa, Mama, Tatay, Nanay and CJ at home …doing basically nothing. We were just there talking about all sorts of things. There were also times when we would just watch DVDs; of course the choice of which movie to watch is always CJ’s prerogative. I also had a quality bonding time with my brother CJ as we went jogging or playing badminton almost everyday of the break. There were also days Weng and I would go to his parents’ place to join them, his brothers and their families in celebrating the season. Being with them could be like a having a rumble with kids running and shouting here and there while the adults were unleashing their singing prowess in the videoke. It is a wonder how that big mess could turn into a delightful treat.

My friends also got their share of my time. After not seeing them for months, I was able to reconnect with my long time friends Bergette,Jen, Grace and Remo. We were like kids again. We had our photos taken, ate at one of the metro’s better restaurants, checked out the sparkling decors of Mana de Davao and drank coffee at my favorite cafĂ©. My best friend Cheche and I also got our girl bonding. It was a way of strengthening our almost 22 year old friendship. We may not talk that often anymore yet that does not change what and who we are
to each other.

Weng and I also allotted time for shopping. He and I may not have that much money to spend yet we made sure that we spare some to buy things for our families simply to show we remember them and that we care. We also saved to buy stuff for the both of us. After working so hard for the entire year, we deserve to reward ourselves.

Finally, mall rats as we are, we often went malling. Going to the mall gives me a sense of relief. The mall to me is a like a different world where I can escape to. There is just something about window shopping, playing games at the arcade, watching movies or eating at my favorite fast food chains. It is a feeling that is totally unexplainable.

The break may be over. I am back to my reality. The long vacation we had may never happen again yet I am so grateful to have had that opportunity.


This entry was posted on 1:34 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

  • Mi Pablo
  • Agus
  • Bhart
  • Blogal IT
  • Claire da Cat
  • Claire of Malaysia
  • Cracked Software
  • Crissy
  • Dencio d Grayt
  • Edode
  • Ethereal
  • Fermin
  • Forex
  • Gracie
  • Healthy Life
  • Irel
  • James Francis
  • Jen
  • Kevin
  • Liverpool
  • Marek
  • Melanie
  • Missy Jhenk
  • Momeen
  • Monitoring
  • Night Investor
  • Nurse
  • Pasqual
  • Rare Footages
  • Real Cash
  • Remo
  • Riain
  • Rudy
  • Sayv
  • Sedona
  • Sony Ericson
  • Technomicro
  • Thong
  • Tina
  • Valente
  • Yas
  • Z4ro08
  • Bloggerwave
  • Blogsvertise
  • Blog To Profit
  • Blog Reviews
  • Link Worth
  • Paying Post
  • Pay Per Post
  • Pay U 2 Blog
  • Review Me
  • Shared Reviews
  • Socialspark
  • Smorty
  • Sponsoredreviews