Growing up, I tend to read books to help me fall asleep. It was like a therapy that I needed so badly so I can drowse off to a good night’s sleep. The stories I read range from fairy tales all the way to
adventure. As I unfold each page my imagination start to work. Often times, I felt that I was living the life of the main female protagonist. I felt her joy, pain, fear and jubilation.

There were also times when I would make up stories in mind as I try to put myself to sleep. In those tales I made myself the hero of the entire plot. I gave myself super natural powers, extraordinary beauty and immeasurable wealth. Yeah, I had this keen imagination.

Well, such was not surprising. It is an undeniable fact that almost all kids have the gift to imagine. They can stretch their fancy so they can be what and who they want to be. Well, this brings to mind
one of the movies I recently watched, Bedtime Stories.

Adam Sandler goes back to the big screen in a more children friendly film. This time, he portrays an uncle whose bedtime stories he shares with his niece and nephew almost always become a reality. In the
movie, he plays a man who works as maintenance for the hotel his father used to own. So, with his desire to manage the business his father so loved and worked hard for, he uses the bedtime bonding he
has with his sister’s children to get what he wants.

There were mixes of fortunes and misfortunes as each story he and the children make come true. Yet, just like how a true bedtime story goes, everything ends well although it may have ended not exactly the way how the lead star wanted it to.

The theme of the movie directly points to the importance of family and how relationships between each one develop. It solicits that the love children grow for the adults in their families depend on how they are being treated, loved and cared for from the time they were very, very young.

In the same film, viewers are taught one of the toughest lessons … acceptance. A lot of things that happen in our lives are those that we never wanted them to. There are dreams that we work so hard for yet we do not always get what we want. Nevertheless, life has to go on. There is nothing else left for us to do but to accept and to move; in the hope that indeed better things are to come.

Needless to say, I love the film. The kids in the movie are adorable and so is Adam Sandler. It was truly amazing!


This entry was posted on 3:47 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    i so love this movie.... :D

  1. ... on 7:35 AM  
  2. Anonymous said...

    It a shame I haven't seen this movie. However, bed time stories is really great we need to treasure. This was one of my sweet memory as a kid. Great post.

  3. ... on 8:29 AM  
  • Mi Pablo
  • Agus
  • Bhart
  • Blogal IT
  • Claire da Cat
  • Claire of Malaysia
  • Cracked Software
  • Crissy
  • Dencio d Grayt
  • Edode
  • Ethereal
  • Fermin
  • Forex
  • Gracie
  • Healthy Life
  • Irel
  • James Francis
  • Jen
  • Kevin
  • Liverpool
  • Marek
  • Melanie
  • Missy Jhenk
  • Momeen
  • Monitoring
  • Night Investor
  • Nurse
  • Pasqual
  • Rare Footages
  • Real Cash
  • Remo
  • Riain
  • Rudy
  • Sayv
  • Sedona
  • Sony Ericson
  • Technomicro
  • Thong
  • Tina
  • Valente
  • Yas
  • Z4ro08
  • Bloggerwave
  • Blogsvertise
  • Blog To Profit
  • Blog Reviews
  • Link Worth
  • Paying Post
  • Pay Per Post
  • Pay U 2 Blog
  • Review Me
  • Shared Reviews
  • Socialspark
  • Smorty
  • Sponsoredreviews