I should have written this at the start of the new year but hey who says I cannot do this list at this time of year? Duh, this is not a New Year’s resolution. So here goes…

The start of the year was not very appealing to me. I hate to think that the curse of the past year was trying to follow me until now yet I could not think of any other reason why things seem not to fall in their proper places. Call me bitter. I could not care less.

And so after facing yet another hell week (which has been a real roller coaster ride of emotions), I had this brilliant idea of listing down the things I would want to happen or achieve at the end of this year (hopeless optimist?). Should I remain focused, I hope to see the things in this list become realities. I hope for no more unwanted circumstances.

This year …

a. I want to try travelling alone. In my 23 years of existence, I have never tried going to another place by myself and I think it’s high time to attempt doing so. I have to admit that during most of my travels, I tend to be really dependent on the people I am with. So this year, I want it to be different! I want to visit place/s I have never been to and be totally independent. I guess it would be fun to run around a strange place, get lost and be on my home not knowing for sure how I have done it.

b. I want to enrol in Law School. I am not exactly the type of person you would ever think of becoming a lawyer. I am way too “kikay” to be in court. But my personality does not entirely say what I am capable of. Now that I have thought of it, I am probably Reese Witherspoon’s character in Legally Blonde.

c. I want to learn how to swim and go scuba diving. In UP, we were always told to either sink or swim. Back then, I chose to swim and be on my top shape to finish school on time. In real life, however, I never learned how to swim, which left me sinking in the water all the time. So, I want to learn how to swim. After all, I never know when it’s going to come in handy. After learning how to swim (and finally braving the water), I want to go scuba diving and see for myself what wonders are to be found under the sea. I have heard raving comments about the beauty under water and it would definitely be nice to experience the splendour others are so found of by myself.

d. I want to try designing a dress and have it made. I am the hopeless “fashionista”, true. I see so many styles inside my head that at times I think I could be a designer. Bad news…I do not know how to sketch my designs. Therefore, seeing my design made into a real dress would be so satisfying. I may not have the occasion to wear that dress to but then again, I might be invited to an event in which I would have good use for my dress.

e. I hope to buy a car. I may not be earning that much but I can always have a loan right? Buying it may be more of a liability than an asset but I need it. Once I get into Law School, chances are I would have to go home at the time when there is no more tricycle available. Having to ride a taxi every night until I graduate would make those operators filthy rich because of my money. So, might as well have my own ride

f. I hope to learn Capoiera. I really get jealous of the people who know Capoiera. They seem to have so much fun while doing their moves that I often wish I know how to do the same stuff. I have not found, as of yet, any gym in Davao City that teaches such so I am still looking for a place where they offer Capoiera for me to start grooving.

g. I hope to move to my own little haven. I loved the independence I have had when I was in a dormitory back in college. Then, I had to take care of my self and my stuff since neither my mom nor my aunt was there to do that for me. I learned to live by noodles and crackers for weeks. I knew how to wash clothes without spending the whole day doing so. I think it is exciting to have that kind of life again at this point. I would have to live within my means and that would be a great challenge considering I am a real spender. Having my own place would also allow me to exercise my creativity. I could design the interior of my place and choose the home furnishings that I want. I could paint my wall with loud colors and have my furniture in earth tones…very much like what I often see at the spa. I have this “Oriental” interior in my mind and I know it would be so cool to have it become a reality.

h. I hope to have a weeklong vacation by the beach. Given the opportunity to do, I hope to stay at a remote vacation house located near the beach. I would love to doze off on a “duyan” and feel the soothing sound of waves rushing to the sea. I would love to smell the fresh air of the beach and feel the sun on my skin. I would be bringing books and read it coupled with fresh “buko” juice. Hmmmm…wonderful treat.

I told you this is no New Year’s resolution. Though the first quarter of the year is almost over, I am hoping, praying and keeping my fingers crossed that all these shall become realities. Armed with my list, I hope to have a better year ahead although the curse of the past seems to be following me.



This entry was posted on 8:34 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    reefer said...

    finally, find you. :-) i can teach you how to swim. *wink wink* i used to be a swimming tutor. bitaw, important kaayo ang kabalo ka mgswim. so make sure you learn that this year. you'll never know jud.

    as for capoiera, just pray na madawat ko sa brazil so i can go there later this year. hehe. i plan to learn that capoiera there too. and maybe i can teach you once i return here. *wish* help pray for me. hahaha. nanguha na jud kog kakampi.:-)

    oh btw, is claire the cat diay ni. my blog add is www.jeanclairedy.wordpress.com. pls. drop by.

  1. ... on 1:11 PM  
  2. chill whiner said...

    hi claire!im so glad to have found some help...

    yeah, intend to learn swimming. i never imagined to die because i drowned.bloated na kaya kaayo akong body by then.tsk!the vain in me would never want that.

    i hope madawat ka sa Brazil. it would be nice if you hand down to me the capoiera lessons you've learned there.that would be amazing.

    thanks for dropping bye:)

  3. ... on 7:05 AM  
  • Mi Pablo
  • Agus
  • Bhart
  • Blogal IT
  • Claire da Cat
  • Claire of Malaysia
  • Cracked Software
  • Crissy
  • Dencio d Grayt
  • Edode
  • Ethereal
  • Fermin
  • Forex
  • Gracie
  • Healthy Life
  • Irel
  • James Francis
  • Jen
  • Kevin
  • Liverpool
  • Marek
  • Melanie
  • Missy Jhenk
  • Momeen
  • Monitoring
  • Night Investor
  • Nurse
  • Pasqual
  • Rare Footages
  • Real Cash
  • Remo
  • Riain
  • Rudy
  • Sayv
  • Sedona
  • Sony Ericson
  • Technomicro
  • Thong
  • Tina
  • Valente
  • Yas
  • Z4ro08
  • Bloggerwave
  • Blogsvertise
  • Blog To Profit
  • Blog Reviews
  • Link Worth
  • Paying Post
  • Pay Per Post
  • Pay U 2 Blog
  • Review Me
  • Shared Reviews
  • Socialspark
  • Smorty
  • Sponsoredreviews